|This is a networking event designed to be a service for Chamber Members looking to expand their business and contacts.
Understanding Business After Five
Business After Five is one of the many programs offered by the Chamber of Commerce to assist businesses in operating successfully. This opportunity is a meeting venue that takes place at different Chamber Member’s businesses.
- The host receives exposure by the Chamber prompting the event.
- The host receives direct exposure to the members that attend the function.
- The Chamber members who attend make valuable business contacts.
- This event is held the fourth Thursday of each month except in November and December.
Schedule One Today!
The Chamber office is currently signing up business hosts for this year’s Business After Five. Hosting a Business After Five is a great way to introduce your business to Chamber members. The Chamber staff works with the business host to ensure a successful event. Call the Chamber office at (662) 226-2571 to schedule this event at your business.
Guidelines For Hosting A Business After Five
The purpose of the Business After Five is to allow Chamber members to meet one another, to network and promote businesses in a relaxed social atmosphere. The following guidelines will assist sponsorship and facilitation of a Business After Hours event.
• A Business After Fives are usually scheduled the fourth Tuesday of the month, from 5:30—7 or 7:30 p. m. This schedule is flexible according to the needs of the sponsor. Usually Executive Director will hold a 10 minute "business meeting" at approximately 6:15 to introduce the sponsor, thank guests and members and give sponsor the opportunity to promote their establishment.
• Each sponsor is encouraged to display business materials, conduct tours and/or provide door prizes which represent/promote theirs or other's business.
• If a Business After Five is arranged for outdoors, a backup arrangement is required in case of in-clement weather.
• Awards of door prizes are the responsibility to the sponsor and can be solicited from other Chamber members. Some sponsors choose not to include this activity, but those who attend enjoy the activity, and it provides a quiet time for introduction of sponsors and announcements. This usually takes place during the short business meeting at 6:15.
• Attendees are to sign in and obtain a nametag, so a table or counter should be set aside for this purpose. The Chamber supplies all sign-in materials and nametags.
• Sponsors are responsible for food and beverage. Every attempt will be made to determine in advance the number of guests expected to attend. The average attendance is 30-70 people.
• Sponsors are asked to limit the beverage to any of the following: wine (both red and white are popular) beer, soda, punch, coffee, bottled water, tea, etc. Note: it is not necessary for sponsor to include alcoholic beverages, but most usually do.
• Please remember: Sponsorship must be limited to Chamber members. Business After Five is a Chamber function provided for the enjoyment of its member.
• Publicity is the responsibility of the Chamber. The event will be publicized on the Chamber’s website, email blast and fax blast.
Don't have enough room for a Business After Five? Donate a Raffle Item!
For some businesses, space will just not allow you to host an Business After Five. By donating an item (valued $50 or more) for the event raffle, your business can gain exposure to other Chamber members.
Future After Hours Schedule
Date/Time: April 19, 2011 | 5 p.m.
Location: Hampton Inn (100 Black Men)
Address: 1545 Jameson Drivet | Grenada, MS 38901
Contact: Frank Bradford | (662) 227-3307
Date/Time: April 28, 2011| 5 p.m.
Location: The Grenada Star
Address: 50 Corporate Row| Grenada, MS 38901
Contact: Anita Turner/Joe Lee | (662) 226-4321
Remember to Bring Your Business Cards, Warmest Handshake, Biggest Smile and Your Networking Personality.