Promoting Growth Through Our Strengths
The Strength of our Healthcare and Hospital
• University of Mississippi Medical Center Grenada (UMMC Grenada) hospital aims to be the healthcare provider and employer of choice for Northern Mississippi.
• The organization continues to bring growth to the community with needed services.
• The organization performed a Community Health Need’s Assessment in August 2014, surveying the community for its healthcare needs. Actions taken from this assessment included the development of various projects to target these needs and focus on a healthier Grenada and surrounding counties.
• Projects included various community outreach activities to promote healthy living and wellness, including partnering with the MS Public Health Institute for targeting Diabetes and promoting child safety to help reduce accidents.
• A major project includes providing physician specialty services that have not been available. New physician specialty services available or under development include: intravascular cardiac procedures, rheumatology, pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric endocrinology, non-invasive pediatric orthopedics, and transplant services for pre and post-transplant care, to name a few.
• Telehealth services available or under development also include radiology, dermatology, cardiac monitoring, eICU (i.e. pulmonology and other specialty consults in ICU setting), the Mind Center (i.e. Alzheimers, dementia, and other neurological diseases); Child Development (for children with developmental delays); neurology, and psychiatry.
• UMMC Grenada also offers several growing Specialty Clinics including Women’s Services, Pediatrics, Primary Care, General Surgery, Orthopedics, and a Wound Care Center.
• Other services provided by the organization include outpatient same-day surgery, Labor & Delivery Suites, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation services (i.e. physical, occupational, and speech therapies); durable medical equipment, home health services, short-term senior care with Geripsych services, and even a Wellness Center to promote fitness in a health-oriented atmosphere.
• The organization has a new Joint Camp Program for hip & knee surgery patients and exciting plans for a new Women’s and Children’s unit.
• This Community Needs Assessment and subsequent projects can be accessed at http://www.ummchealth/grenada.com. UMMC Grenada wants you to know that “we’re listening”. Please contact Molly Brown, Chief Operations Officer, for more information (662) 227-7000.