WANT TO START VOLUNTEERING?..
|The Grenada Area Chamber of Commerce offers many ways to volunteer and help make a difference throughout the year. Your time services, creativity, and expertise are always welcomed. Volunteering is fun, rewarding and is a great opportunity to network!
The engine that makes the Grenada Area Chamber of Commerce successful is it's Committees and Volunteers. Choose a volunteer opportunity below and give us a call at 662-226-2571 and we will welcome you with open arms.
Note: These opportunities are open to EVERYONE.
Each year we seek volunteers to help plan the Christmas Parade. If you have new ideas, key contacts and are willing to work, we need you.
If you want to help keep your community beautiful or want to help with anti-litter activities this committee is just for you. This committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Chamber, 9 a.m. Contact Virginia Fulton at 662-226-2571 to be added to the contact list.
• Beautification Projects
• Flag Signage Project
• Anti-Litter Week Campaign
• Business Civic Pride Awards
If you love festivals, fun and family events come out and help with the planning of this annual event. The committee starts planning in June.
This committee meets to plan and develop a communication effort in order to promote harmony, equality, and unity through a greater understanding of diversity. You are invited to attend the meetings which are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at the Chamber, 4 p.m.
• Women & Minority Business Conference
• Round Table Discussions
• Unity Breakfast
• Prayer Breakfast
• Prayer Walks
The education committee exists to support education efforts in Grenada County. They meet every first Wednesday at noon. This committee is great for retired educators and professionals.
• Student Award Luncheons
• Teacher of Excellence
• Choices Program
• Mentoring Program
If you are retired 60 years or older, this committee is just for you. The Chamber calls on this group to help with small projects in the office or to help with hospitality. They meet as needed.
Efforts to redevelop Grenada’s central business district through positive attitude, activity, cleanliness, safety, political unity and architectural integrity is the goal of this group.
• Kids Easterfest
• Trick or Treat Downtown
• Fall Decoration
• Holiday Decoration
• Downtown Open House
• Festival of Trees
Chamber Youth Volunteer Program
This six weeks program is designed to give students the opportunity to gain office experience by working at the Chamber office and to get involved in the community. Because the volunteer will be representing the Chamber as well as the community, a formal interview is required.
• Gain office experience
• Develop leadership skills
• Learn about activities and organizations that interest you
• Opportunity to attend chamber functions
• Able to go behind the scene
• Opportunity to assist with major community projects
The Requirements Are:
• Must be promoted to the 11th or 12th grade.
• Parent or Guardian must sign the permission form.
• The Chamber must receive a recommendation from a teacher or administrator.
• Student academic scores must be average or above.
• Behavior and attendance records must be satisfactory.
• Must be able to represent Grenada in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer all incoming calls
• Perform light secretarial duties
• Assist the Chamber and Tourism staff as needed
• Attend and assist at Chamber functions
• Must work 8 Volunteer hours a week
• Must have a total of 48 Volunteer hours upon completion of the program to receive a Recommendation Letter and a Certificate.
Contact the Grenada Chamber at (662) 226-2571 if you are interested in participating in this program. Click here to download the Youth Volunteer Application.